Of Blooms and Pancakes

“Happiness is mother and daughter time.” – unknown

Pat, my baby, doesn’t live with us anymore. So it is during this rare time that I treasure her company most. This morning, we had a daughter – mum bonding time, when we went for brunch at our favourite cafe and had a bit of a walk in the park.

Saw these beautiful flowers and had a picture perfect pancake so I decided to share it here for Cee’s FOTD Challenge and for Sunshine’s Macro Monday

1. Beautiful!! Both of you!!

Thanks so much Nora! 💜💚❤️

2. When children are gone, the time spent with them becomes more precious…and that’s a good thing. 🙂 What on earth is on top of those pancakes??

janet

Yes, Janet, kids don’t realise it but we feel so happy every time they give us a bit of their attention (especially in our old age) 🙄
      And since you are asking, that topping is fairy floss (or cotton candy).

1. Couldn’t deal with cotton candy on or off pancakes!! Glad you enjoyed it, though.

Haha didn’t finish it. But it had some fancy description that I didn’t realise that it had cotton candy haha
          Have a good day, Janet.

Thanks Lily 💜

3. Dan Antion says:

The best times, for sure.

For sure Dan. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

4. ghostmmnc says:

Beautiful flowers – yummy looking pancakes – and such a sweet outing with your lovely daughter. 🙂

Thanks for your comment, Barbara. I had a great day.

5. Your post made me smile for so many reasons. First, I love those blossoms. They look like they are from a crape myrtle tree and they are one of my favorite blooming trees. Second, I can understand the emotions felt with your daughter moving away. Proud of her independence but you will miss her for sure. Have a great week, Teresa. 😊

Thanks Irene, it is never the same at home, without the kids. Everyone feels the same way, I guess! Thanks for the comment 😍

Yes! Of course 😀😀😀