Doors in the Old Town of Carcassonne

“I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I’m not afraid to look behind them.” – Elizabeth Taylor

Carcassonne is a hilltop town in southern France. It is famous for its medieval citadel called La Cite, which has numerous towers and defensive walls.

This is for Norm’s Thursday Doors featuring the doors of the medieval town of Carcassonne.

Some Fridge magnets from the shops. They’re so pretty!

This is one of the entry doors to the castle of La Cite in Carcassonne.

Different doors in the Old town.

A church in the town.

Restaurants in the old town.

An abandoned house with a steel door.

Thanks much!

1. Ernest Alile says:

Please also mention my blog on your post for fashion tips.. Fashiongates.fashion.blog

I am well. Thanks.

1. Love the magnets and the multicoloured old town doors!! ❤

Liked by 2 people

2. Joanne Sisco says:

You’ve just given me another reason to love France!

Thanks for stopping by Joanne!

Liked by 2 people

3. Yes, Carcassone is so much fun. The romantic vision of Violet le Duc produced a lovely thing.

Yes, Viollet-Le-Duc’s Restoration of the Cité of Carcassonne was an amazing job! Thanks for the comment!

4. Great windows and doors… Always wanted to visit Carcassonne..

Yes, it is beautiful. Thanks for dropping in.

5. Norm 2.0 says:

Great finds. Your first shot with the collection of ceramic artwork reminds me of something similar we brought back from Italy that has a blue door on it. I should probably use it in a post at some point too 🙂

Some of the magnets that I found had so much character too. Will look out for your magnet post 😀