Those Alley Ways of Edinburgh

“Always follow your dreams, even if they lead you down a few dark alleys.” – Teresa Mummert

If you talk of alleyways, there is no other place that I can think of, other than Edinburgh. The Old Town of Edinburgh in Scotland originally consists of the main street, now known as the Royal Mile, is so full of alleyways, courtyards, courts and closes.

Some of these alleyways lead to open courtyards and some lead to private properties.

This is for Friendly Friday Photo Challenge – Alleys

1. Forestwood says:

Fabulous collection, indeed, Teresa. I never have thought of Edinburgh as having alleys such as this. I love the arcade one best of all. So narrow and intriguing. Thanks for joining in.

Yes, Edinburgh has so much more alleyways that I wasn’t able to capture. Thanks for commenting.

Regards, Teresa

2. Sherry Felix says:

Charming. I love alleys. London is full of them too. As a child I saught them out.

Oh dear, I didn’t know where they are in London…I should search for it the next time I go there!

1. Sherry Felix says:

Google hidden alleyways in central London. Other sites list more.

Wow, thanks for that Sherry. But the problem is when I can go back to London. So far from Melbourne. 🤦🏻‍♀️

1. Sherry Felix says:

Hope you do someday. Every old city has secret little places.

3. Rupali says:

Thank you so much for these lovely images. I love walking small and beautiful alleys. I feel one gets the pure sense of the city which can’t be otherwise.

So true, and here in Edinburgh, these alleyways are so peaceful and quiet….I really loved them !

1. Rupali says: