“Life is too short to say No to cake”
I wanted to be an old fashioned wife today…that when my husband comes home, he will smell the aroma of freshly baked loaf! Haha duh… just trying out this recipe that I found from the local shops. And I have here a step by step procedure of this beginner loaf and it’s kinda yummy too if I should say so myself!
This is also for the Weekly Photo Challenge-Yellow … The cake is sort of Yellow-ish don’t you think?
125g unsalted butter, chopped softened
1 cup caster sugar ( i made this a bit less)
2 free range eggs
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 lemon, zested
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp finely chopped pistachio kernels
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 lemon juiced (make it less if you want icing to be sweeter)
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2) In a bowl cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until fluffy and pale.
3) Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, until creamy.
4) In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and zest.
5) Gradually beat into creamed mixture alternating with milk, until well combined.
6) Transfer mixture into pan.
7) Bake for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on your oven) or until skewer when inserted comes out clean.
8) cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out into a wire rack.
9) Completely cool.
10) To do the icing, mix icing sugar and lemon until smooth. Then drizzle on the top of the loaf, then sprinkle the chopped pistachio.